Christian Church was organized in 1968 . Early
meetings were held in a house at 311 10th Avenue. The
congregation grew rapidly and a church building,
located at 1202 Fourth Street. was purchased. The
first service was held there February 14, 1971.
Louis Cheek became minister and a larger church was
again a necessity. The church purchased a parcel of
land from the State of Illinois which had formerly
been a rest-stop south of Orion on Route 150. The
first service in the new church building was held
January 19, 1983.